The Sacramento Housing and Redevelopment Agency was created to ensure the ongoing development of affordable housing and to continuously fuel community redevelopment projects in the city and county of Sacramento. We meet these goals by creating safer neighborhoods and a more robust economy, so individuals, families and children in our community have the opportunity for a better life. Our work has been recognized among the best in the country by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development and others. Every day, our team of over 200 employees secures funding, battles for support, organizes our partners and engages the Sacramento community in a proactive collaboration to change lives. We focus our efforts on four main areas to achieve our mission.
For information on SHRA’s governing boards, refer to this link.
The Sacramento Housing and Redevelopment Agency’s Mission Statement conveys the essence of the organization and serves as the foundation for our Vision and Goals. Our mission is to revitalize communities, provide affordable housing opportunities and to serve as the Housing Authority for the City and County of Sacramento.
Our Vision for Sacramento is a region:
- Where all neighborhoods are excellent places to live, work and do business
- Where all people have access to decent, safe and affordable housing
- Where everyone can obtain a job and attain financial self-sufficiency
To help achieve our Vision, the Sacramento Housing and Redevelopment Agency is working to fulfill these goals:
- Develop, preserve and finance a continuum of affordable housing opportunities for Sacramento City and County residents
- Effectively and efficiently maintain Agency-owned housing by providing tenant-based rental assistance programs
- Revitalize lower income neighborhoods to create healthy and sustainable communities
- Promote economic development through strategic infrastructure and public facility improvements.
Click here to view SHRA’s organizational structure.